LOS ANGELES, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- August 31, 2016 – Women Founders Network today announced the ten finalists who will compete in its Fast Pitch Competition on October 20, 2016. The winner will receive cash and the top 5 will receive professional services valued at more than $100,000. All ten will get individualized pitch coaching and be matched with accomplished mentors. The group will also gain visibility and exposure to leading early-stage venture capitalists, angel investors and Los Angeles business executives who are judging the event.
The cash award for the winner has increased 50% to $30,000 this year. In addition, one of the ten finalists will win the $5,000 Junior Judges cash award for the Best Fast Pitch presentation. This award empowers girls aged 10-18 to make an impact and to be inspired by women entrepreneurs.
The Ten Finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- CityMoms, Tracy Fredkin, CEO & Founder, Studio City, CA – Explore, discover, and book local kids' activities in Los Angeles with the CityMoms App.
- EmoJam, Louise-Marie Marguet, CEO, Brooklyn, NY – EmoJam lets you send musical emoji straight from your keyboard.
- GATE College System, Pamela Donnelly, Founder & CEO, Burbank, CA – Opening the gates to choice: complete college admissions guide made easy and affordable.
- Genneve, Jill Angelo, CEO & Co-Founder, Los Angeles, CA – Genneve is a female healthcare brand that helps women through reproductive & hormonal changes.
- Kitterly, Mari Bower, CEO & Co-Founder, Los Angeles, CA – Kitterly makes craft supply shopping simple with our complete crafting kits.
- MARKETT, Erin Pederson, Founder & COO, Venice, CA – Markett provides people with access to earn income by marketing well-known brands on their own time.
- NailSnaps, Angel Anderson, CEO & Co-Founder – Turn any image into custom nail wraps.
- Tot Squad, Jennifer Saxton, Founder & CEO, Los Angeles, CA – Tot Squad will clean, repair and install your strollers and car seats at different retail locations or at your doorstep.
- Verde Circle, Jennifer Tracy, CEO & Co-Founder, Santa Monica, CA – Builds cloud-based SaaS solutions for small to medium sized businesses with a focus on business operations systems.
- WeReach, Marigold Muppala, CEO & Founder, Santa Monica, CA – Fully-integrated, custom commercial package to create and place targeted video advertisements with extensive reach (website under construction).
"This is our fourth year and we continue to increase awareness and provide free educational events for entrepreneurs in pursuit of our goal to build the female entrepreneur ecosystem," said Darya Allen-Attar, Founder and CEO of Women Founders Network. "The support from the investment and business community has been tremendous. We have attracted powerful women CEOs from LA-based companies and executives from leading early-stage venture capital and angel investment firms as Fast Pitch judges, increasing visibility for our finalists."
Exposure to Leading Early-Stage Venture Capital Investors:
In addition to competing for cash awards and professional services, the top ten Fast Pitch presenters will gain exposure to leading venture capital and angel investors as well as top business leaders in Los Angeles who support women entrepreneurs.
The roster of 2016 Fast Pitch judges includes the following venture capital and private equity firm executives:
- Jody Dunitz, Tech Coast Angels
- Peter Brack, Mucker Capital
- Deborah Benton, Breakwater Investment Management
- Matt McCall, Pritzker Group Venture Capital
- Renee LaBran, Rustic Canyon/Fontis Partners
- Sarah Moret, CrossCut Ventures
The Fast Pitch Competition will take place on Thursday, October 20th from 5:00 to 9:30 p.m. at Cross Campus DTLA, Los Angeles. This event is not open to the public.
About the Women Founders Network Fast Pitch Competition
We support women entrepreneurs building high-growth early-stage businesses. To apply, the company must have a woman co-founder, president or CEO, or be majority owned by women. The company can operate in any industry, and must generate revenue or demonstrate proof of concept. Finally, applicants may not have raised more than $1 million in outside funding, excluding research grants. The total 2016 prize package of cash and professional services is valued in excess of $100,000.
About the Women Founders Network Judges
Women Founders Network applicants are judged by an independent panel made up of leading CEOs, CFOs, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, wealth managers, legal professionals and communications strategists.
About the Women Founders Network Junior Judges Award
Reflecting a desire to encourage young women to pursue their dreams, the Women Founders Network Pitch Competition features a Junior Judges Panel and Award. A panel of 17 girls aged 10-18 will select their favorite Fast Pitch contestant and award the winner with a cash prize of $5,000.
Women Founders Network Competition Sponsors
We would like to thank our sponsors for their amazing support! In particular, we'd like to thank our Presenting Sponsor, UnionBank, and Financial Sponsors EY, Bankrate, and The DLC Group. In addition, we'd like to thank those who have committed to supporting the Women Founders Network with in-kind sponsorships: Pepper Hamilton LLP, Olmstead Williams Communications, Business Rockstars, StartupTap, Fraser Communications, Fox Rothschild, Silicon Valley Bank, Venice Consulting Group, Fetch Recruiting, Greenberg Glusker, Supporting Strategies, Accretive Solutions, Hawke Media, TribeMint, CBRE, FILD, Reality2, One Roof, HR Pals, Straight Line Management, Traklight, Eric Wilson, and Broads Circle. Thanks also to table sponsors from Kaktus Capital, comScore, RGP, CAPS Payroll and First Republic Bank.
About Women Founders Network
Women Founders Network (WFN) connects women building high-growth businesses with the tools and resources they need to achieve business success. Over the past three years, Women Founders Network has directly granted (or invested) cash and prizes valued at approximately $350,000 into over 20 different companies, and alumni finalists have gone on to raise more than $20mm. Visit us at www.womenfoundersnetwork.com.
Media Contact: Kim Christensen, Women Founders Network, 224-565-4129, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Women Founders Network