PORTLAND, Maine, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Tickets for the 2013 Kennebunkport Festival are on now sale. Maine magazine's six-day festival in Kennebunkport celebrates the finest food, wine and art in Maine and runs June 4-9, 2013.
"This year's Festival is already infused with excitement," said Elizabeth Mitchell Hunt, Director of Events and Sponsorships. "Our chef roster includes James Beard Award Winners Sam Hayward, Rob Evans and Relais & Chateaux Grand Chef Barbara Lynch as well as top chefs from Maine's most acclaimed restaurants including Natalie's at the Camden Harbour Inn, David's Opus 10, and Zapoteca. All of the major events will take place in downtown Kennebunkport this year providing festival guests the opportunity to really explore this beautiful ocean front town. We've planned nightly sunset cocktail receptions, intimate gourmet dinners, a gala party, a grand tasting event on the water, arts shows, a casual outdoor concert and a 5K race on Sunday to work it all off. We hope people come and stay in the town's fabulous inns and hotels and become immersed in the celebratory spirit of the festival – a quintessentially Maine experience," she added.
Highlights for the 2013 Festival Include:
- The Art of Dining. A series of once in a lifetime intimate dinners featuring Maine's top chefs hosted in Kennebunkport's most exquisite homes.
- Pop the Kennebunks. A gala party presented by Cellardoor Winery celebrating wine, food, and Flamenco.
- The Cellardoor Grand Tasting. A unique tasting event featuring Mediterranean inspired food and wine pairings from Maine's talented chefs and wine purveyors in an elegant setting on the river.
- Brews and Tunes. A casual outdoor concert for families and friends to enjoy on the Green at the Captain Lord Mansion.
- Dine Around the Kennebunks. Local restaurants open their doors for an evening of culinary adventures featuring special prix-fixe menus.
- The Kennebunkport Festival 5K. New for 2013 this fun run along a beautiful route along the ocean circling downtown Kennebunkport.
Tickets and a complete listing of Festival events can be found at kennebunkportfestival.com.
Proceeds from the Art of Dining Dinners go to Share Our Strength®. Share Our Strength's Taste of the Nation is the nation's premier culinary benefit dedicated to making sure no child grows up hungry. The funds raised will support No Kid Hungry®, Share Our Strength's campaign to end childhood hunger. Since 2006, Taste of the Nation Maine has mobilized thousands of volunteers, raised more than $400,000, and funded the most effective anti-hunger organizations across the state.
Media Contact- Angie Helton, Northeast Media Associates
207.653.0365 or email@example.com
ABOUT MAINE MAGAZINE
Published 12 times a year by The Maine Media Collective, Maine magazine (themainemag.com) is the state's definitive lifestyle publication that gives readers a fresh look at the incredible people, places, restaurants, artists, and business people who make today's Maine such a vibrant place to live. In addition, The Maine Media Collective is home to Maine Home+Design (mainehomedesign.com), Eat Maine, Art Maine, and The Brand Company – a marketing firm.
SOURCE Maine magazine