Tampa, Fla., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™(SPCB™) announced the addition of Terri Smith Moore, PhD, MBA, RPh, as the SPCB Board Education Director. Dr. Moore currently serves as the Senior Manager, Product Development at URAC, where she is responsible for managing the development of URAC's accreditation programs and revisions and maintenance of related accreditation documentation, as well as coordinating and leading advisory groups and cross-functional teams. Prior to joining URAC, Dr. Moore worked at the National Quality Forum on the national Therapeutic Drug Management project to endorse a medication management framework, practices and measures.
"We are pleased to welcome Terri to the SPCB," Gary M. Cohen, BSPharm, RPh, Interim Executive Director said, "Her extensive experience in education, accreditation, and specialty pharmacy will bring a valuable perspective to the Certified Pharmacy Specialist program."
"As the need for Specialty Pharmacists continues to grow the Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP) credential will be an essential part of ensuring that these pharmacists are able to demonstrate their knowledge and ability to provide high-quality patient care. I look forward to participating in the development of the CSP and the continued advancement of quality in specialty pharmacy," Terri S. Moore, PhD, MBA, RPh stated
The 2013 SPCB Board of Directors includes:
- Jeffrey Bourret, RPh, MS, FASHP, Medical Lead, Specialty Payer & Channel Customer Services, Medical Affairs, Pfizer, Inc.
- Nick Calla, RPh, Vice President, Industry Relations, Community Specialty Pharmacy Network
- Donald Filibeck, PharmD, MBA, VP, Pharmacy Services, Axela Care
- Gaurang J. Gandhi, PharmD, MHA, Sr. Director of Pharmacy Practice, Curascript
- Sandra Matsumoto, R.Ph., Director, Specialty Pharmacy Practice, CVS Caremark
- Terri Smith Moore, PhD, MBA, RPh, Senior Manager, Product Development, URAC
- Gary Rice, RPh, MS, MBA, Vice President, Clinical Services, Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy
- Ray Tancredi, RPh, MBA, VP, Specialty Pharmacy Development, Walgreens
- George Zula, RPh, MBA, VP, Operational Programs and Solutions, US Bioservices
The SPCB™, launched in 2012, is an independent, not-for-profit entity whose sole mission is the certification of professionals who meet specific eligibility requirements and pass a rigorous assessment instrument. The SPCB™ is independent from any trade or professional association. The SPCB™ is dedicated to promoting the specialty pharmacist's unique responsibility, maintaining the highest quality standards, and advocating for professional development to ensure that specialty patients receive appropriate care now and in the future. The goal of the CSP™program is to assure the general public receives care from qualified, educated, and knowledgeable specialty pharmacists.
Media Contact: Gary Cohen, Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board, 813-416-5300, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board