DENVER, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Sage Restaurant Group (SRG), the Denver-based independent restaurant group dedicated to creating experiences where food, drink, and inspired design meet and mix, is pleased to announce four recent internal promotions. This upward movement within the company emphasizes SRG's aggressive growth strategy and commitment to the personal development of its workforce.
Within SRG's nine restaurant properties, these three individuals have been recently promoted or joined the company at the following positions: Brian Kanak, Executive Chef of Toasted Oak Grill & Market in Novi, MI; Megan McGinness, General Manager of Toasted Oak Grill & Market; and Mark Orttel, General Manager of Second Home Kitchen + Bar in Denver, CO.
"We are very excited to welcome these professionals to their new positions within the SRG family," said Peter Karpinski, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Sage Restaurant Group. "At SRG, we strive to take progressive approaches in providing both valuable customer experiences as well as building credibility with our investors. These recent promotions exemplify the ongoing commitment to achieve our mission."
Highlights of the newly-appointed posts include:
· Brian Kanak – Previously holding the title of Executive Sous Chef, Kanak was recently promoted to the role of Executive Chef at Toasted Oak Grill & Market. Through his creative vision, comprehensive culinary background, and commitment to nurturing and training his staff, Kanak will create the ultimate in a pasture-to-fork dining experience at the metro-Detroit American brasserie.
· Megan McGinness – Helping to open the restaurant in 2010, McGinness recently re-united with the Toasted Oak Grill & Market team as the new General Manager of the property. Part of the SRG family since 2008, McGinness strives to create a united team eager to find unique and creative ways to boost business and the guest experiences at Toasted Oak. In addition to Toasted Oak, she has held roles at SRG's Urban Farmer, The Corner Office, and Second Home Kitchen + Bar.
· Mark Orttel – With more than 20 years of hospitality-industry experience both domestically and abroad, Orttel joins Denver's Second Home team in the General Manager capacity. At Second Home, Orttel will continue to push the creative envelope in creating extraordinary guest experiences while working with the exceptional ingredients and stellar Second Home staff members to introduce new changes for the continued growth and success of the concept.
Highlights of Sage Restaurant Group's upcoming expansion include:
· The grand opening of SRG's first multi-location concept with Urban Farmer Cleveland. This modern Cleveland steakhouse will be located adjacent to the newly renovated Westin Cleveland, located in the heart of the downtown district. The original Urban Farmer is located in Portland, OR, and opened in October 2008.
· The launch of Hello Betty Fish House, a casual fish house restaurant concept opening along the waterfront of Oceanside, CA at 211 Mission Avenue.
About Sage Restaurant Group
Denver-based Sage Restaurant Group, co-founded by restaurateur Peter Karpinski, creates experiences where food, drink and inspired design meet and mix. These independent restaurants, adjacent to hotels, deliver exceptional catering and in-room dining experiences. Wherever they are located, Sage Restaurant Group's concepts feature a distinctive scene and a subtly infused local vibe designed to appeal to a guest who is hungry for life. For more information, please visit www.sagerestaurantgroup.com.
Media Contact: Kelsey O'Neill WAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE, INC., 312.943.6900, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Sage Restaurant Group