SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- To make it even easier for K-12 teachers to communicate and keep in touch with their students, Remind101, has launched two new mobile apps. The new apps for Android and iPhone give teachers who use Remind101 expanded and more flexible ways to access the popular teacher-student messaging system, and makes it easy for teachers who don't have ready access to computers in the classroom to safely communicate with students and parents.
Until now, to send messages to their students using Remind101, teachers needed to use a Web browser on a desktop or laptop computer. The new mobile apps bring the power and convenience of Remind101 to mobile phones, so that teachers can quickly send students and their parents timely homework reminders, field trip updates, schedule changes, motivational messages, and information for upcoming parent-teacher conferences. The apps also bring new features to the platform, such as the ability to schedule messages for later delivery, access to message history, and more.
"Teachers have embraced mobile devices in the classroom, so we're making it really simple and easy for them to use their mobile phones to access all the great Remind101 features," said Brett Kopf, co-founder and CEO of Remind101. "With the new apps on both Android and iPhone, teachers can use Remind101 to send a message when they're in the classroom, on a break, or while commuting. We're starting to see teachers in BYOD and 1:1 classroom situations use the apps as their primary method for classroom communication, which is really exciting. They tell us that Remind101 boosts engagement with their students and their students' parents."
Remind101 mobile apps add convenience and immediacy to classroom communication
- Convenient access to all Remind101's features.The new mobile apps make Remind101 even easier to use by giving teachers anytime/anywhere access to Remind101. With a Remind101 app in their palm of their hand, teachers can quickly send reminders and even schedule messages for delivery at a later time, such as passing periods or when kids are getting ready to leave home for school.
- The essence of effective communication.Streamlined UI focuses teachers on what matters: communicating with students and parents. The Remind101 mobile apps make it easy to sign up for the service—teachers can join in less than two minutes. They also make it easy to invite students and parents to subscribe to classes with built in sharing functionality.
- In step with the latest classroom trends. There's no question that mobile phones are a permanent feature of today's classroom. With Remind101, teachers can safely take advantage of students' continuous access to mobile phones, and keep in step with emerging BYOD policies.
What teachers are saying
Teachers who have used the new Remind101 mobile apps have been extremely positive about their effect in the classroom:
"Simple ideas are always the best! This app is going to simply parent communication tremendously."
"I just downloaded this app to use this coming year! I am very excited about the possibilities! I tried using Twitter last year to help get more involvement but I think this will work b/c parents can follow it too!"
"This app is excellent. It is so easy to use from a teacher's viewpoint. Many of my parents have signed up for it and they say they LOVE it! Daily reminders for parents are great!"
"Love this app! It makes keeping in touch with parents so much simpler. One of the best apps I've come across."
"Love the simplicity of this app! Makes parent communication easy!"
How Remind101 works
Remind101 provides a free, safe messaging service for teachers to communicate with students and parents via text or email. Teachers sign up for an account, create classes or groups, gather subscribers, and start messaging. All without ever sharing their personal cell phone number, or collecting phone numbers from their students or parents. Some of the core benefits of using Remind101 include:
- Safety – teachers never sees students phone number and visa versa, preserving privacy and ensuring safety;
- Accessibility – students and parents use mobile phones or emails to receive messages from their teachers, without the need for a smartphone;
- One-to-many – messages go to the entire class, and students and parents can't reply, saving teachers from having to manage another inbox;
- Audit trail – a log of all sent messages is kept if needed for any administration or audit needs.
We believe great education is the first step to solving many of the world's most pressing problems. Our purpose is to build products to make it incredibly easy for teachers to provide that education. Working hand-in-hand with teachers, Remind101 aims to eliminate communication obstacles between teachers, students and parents. Across all grade levels and institution types, Remind101 provides a safe, simple communication solution to help teachers extend their classrooms. Millions of teachers, students and parents rely on Remind101 to power their classroom communication. You can find Remind101 on Twitter (@remind101), Facebook (facebook.com/remind101), Pinterest (pinterest.com/remind101), or on the web at www.remind101.com.
Media Contact: Tim Cox, ZingPR, +1-650-369-7784, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com