TORONTO, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Masstech Group, the leading provider of powerful tools for media asset management and transcoding, announced today the debut of its new Emerald™ for News solution planned for the upcoming National Association of Broadcasters exhibition, April 8-11, 2013, in booth N5506 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Masstech Emerald for News is the first media asset management (MAM) system to deliver its core functionality for archive, search and restore by being embedded directly within the desktop interface of Avid iNEWS and Associated Press ENPS newsroom computer systems (NCS). This integration enables Masstech Emerald for News to enhance the content creation power of a NCS by giving users rapid, direct, non-disruptive access to archived content stored locally or at any bureau in their group.
[NOTE: Credentialed journalists attending NAB are invited to a reveal event scheduled for April 8th at 5pm in booth N5506. Information and reservations are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.]
"Archived content is only a valuable asset if it gets put to work," said Masstech CEO Joe French. "Emerald for News puts the full power of Masstech technologies to find, connect to and make use of content right in the search tools built into every iNEWS and ENPS desktop. Users no longer have to leave their familiar newsroom computer interface to access stored content. This eliminates a major workflow disruption that prevented previous stand-alone or piecemeal solutions from really serving the fast-paced demands of news. Masstech Emerald for News increases exponentially the content creation power of the newsroom by giving content producers a tool they will actually use. The results are better stories and the delivery of fresher content to all screens."
Emerald for News enhances the newsroom in several significant ways:
- Emerald Auto Archive is the only solution that completely automates the archiving of every news story from every newscast, locally and across an entire group.
- Emerald for News is the only solution that can be accessed from and delivers results to the search tools that are already built into standard iNEWS and ENPS newsroom desktop interfaces.
- The system searches any connected Emerald for News archive, both local and in geographically dispersed bureaus throughout a group.
- Journalists simply select the footage they want to use from the search results, trim it as needed, and select the location where it will be used.
- Emerald for News automatically conforms the assets to fit the required playback resolution and format.
- Masstech's exclusive lossless transcoding technology ensures the best quality output for any distribution requirement on any screen.
- Emerald for News supports the creation of internal news wire services within station groups. Journalists can publish complete stories, slugs, footage and other assets via this wire so they can be used by all stations to expedite delivery of breaking news and to meet other requirements. This material is made available without requiring any manual uploads, downloads, transcodes or other time-consuming, complex operations.
French said, "Masstech is committed to enhancing the newsroom. Emerald for News represents a new way of thinking about content where the emphasis is on solving the specific challenges inherent in critical applications like news. We have hired some of the world's leading newsroom computer system experts to spearhead our effort. Our hundreds of interfaces to key production and distribution systems enable our developers to tackle challenges from within the workflow, rather than as bolt ons that add to complexity for users. Masstech is uniquely positioned to move the newsroom forward."
Masstech Emerald for News is available immediately. It can be deployed in individual newsrooms or at multiple newsrooms to create a set of connected news bureaus. The same functionality can be extended outside the newsroom to other content creation areas through the Masstech Topaz system. Additional information is available at http://masstech.com/products/emerald™/
About Masstech Group
Masstech Group is the leading provider of powerful tools for media asset management and transcoding technology for the media and entertainment industries. From global media companies to corporate video production departments, organizations of all sizes rely on Masstech for file-based workflow solutions that have tangible impact on efficiency and productivity. Masstech serves a customer based that spans Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe, North and South America. Founded in 2002, the company is headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Australia, Europe, India and the United States. For complete information visit: www.masstech.com.
Media Contact: Evan Sirof Marcomm-On-Call, Inc., 845-883-2109, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Masstech Group