DURHAM, N.C., June 9, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- In the last 20 years, the healthcare organizations in the United States have experienced seismic shifts from the advent of managed care to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Hospital consolidation is one of the significant healthcare trends today. Strategic, economic and regulatory pressure from government and payers indicate that the mergers and acquisitions will happen with greater frequency in future. For physicians, solo or small group practices have become stressful as the healthcare system has become more complicated. Keeping up with latest regulations, managing staffs and treating patients— can make a physician doubt if the autonomy of being an entrepreneur is worth the trouble.
In this rapidly changing time, physicians have many practice opportunities – they can be employed by a Hospital, practice solo or merge with others to form a bigger multi-specialty group. Expert speaker Debra Phairas is talking what all the options a physician should consider before making these significant practice decisions in an audio session "Independent Practice vs Hospital Affiliation/Foundations. What is your Strategy for the Future?" at AudioEducator.com.
In this audio session, Debra will cover the following topics:
- To merge or not to merge
- Pros and cons of single specialty or multi-specialty
- Know the main elements in merging – deal makers and deal breakers
- Is it possible for merging to reduce expenses, raise net income, retain independence, and boost contracting power to remain in private practice?
- Can merging place the group for future acquisition?
- Want to join a foundation, university affiliation or hospital outpatient clinic model? Know the pros and cons.
- Learn when to consider an offer and ways of assessing it
- Find out whether goodwill or intangible asset value is included or excluded, and how will this be valued?
- For how many years should the contract be guaranteed?
- Insights on governance and decision making ability
- Know all about compensation models including base salary and $ per Work RVU – and its workings
- What will it be like being an employee?
- What if I want to leave?
- What is the future of solo or small group practice?
- Tips to survive and thrive by impeccable management and marketing
- Will the concierge model work for me?
When considering a merger or acquisition, a physician should know the pros and cons of the options and issues before taking these important practice decisions.
AudioEducator brings the most compelling list of audio conferences on wide array of healthcare topics—medical coding, billing to CPT changes, E/M Modifiers to OIG work plan, Affordable Care Act to ERISA, RAC updates to fee schedule, Electronic Health Record system to ICD 10 transition, HIPAA and more. Get trained from the comfort of your home or office without spending a penny on travel. Pick a format of your choice for training— live conference/On Demand/ CD/ PDF transcripts and start learning.
We have enabled a special discount of 10%. Use coupon code SAVE10 to get your discount, Applicable on all purchases. For further query you can call our customer support as mention below.
Media Contact: Adam K, Audio Educator, 1-866-458-2965, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Audio Educator