FALLS CHURCH, Va., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Going "E" With Informed Consent for Clinical Trials
Oct. 18, 2012, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Want to increase enrollment, retain more participants, reduce compliance risk and speed your product to market? Heck, yes!
As consent forms get longer and more complex, participant enrollment and retention rates fall.
Innovative pharma/device sponsors and CROs have started making consent forms more visual, not just lines of text.
This event will give attendees straightforward advice and guidance. Attendees will learn the benefits of e-consenting, which include:
- How a more visual format overcomes language and literacy barriers
- Why electronic consent makes data gathering and remote monitoring easier on sponsors and subjects
- How version control and audit trails are easier to maintain and reduces the risk of non-compliance
- Why e-consenting speeds up trial enrollment and gets products to market faster
Join clinical trial specialists Dr. Susan Brink and Sherri Bracy in this 90-minute webinar, as they answer these questions:
- What should you ask your IRB when initiating e-consent — how will they view the process and will it affect trial approval and monitoring?
- How does a site/CRO or sponsor determine which e-consent application is the best fit for their organization?
- What are the features that every e-consent application must have (e.g., revision control, audit trails)?
- Tips and tricks for monitoring and auditing e-consents
- Tales from the trenches — what are some of the common impacts an e-system has on the IRB process?
You and your colleagues will participate from the comfort of your own office, conference room or auditorium. No planes, no hotels, no precious time away from work and family — just 90 minutes of solid, interactive learning via the Web.
Ask your questions in real time via email or through the web-based console. You'll get answers back by the time the session ends.
And here's more good news: Your entire team can participate at no extra cost. One low registration fee covers every participant at your location. It's easy to add more locations, too, at bargain rates. Simply call (888) 838-5578 in the U.S. or +1 (703) 538-7600 globally to learn about multisite discounts.
Who Will Benefit
Here's a suggested list of potential participants from your organization:
- Compliance officials
- QA/QC personnel
- Regulatory affairs professionals
- Training personnel
- Procedural document writers
- Clinical operations personnel
- Clinical investigators
- Clinical research coordinators
Meet Your Instructors:
Dr. Susan Brink is the President and CEO of Consent Solutions, Inc. Dr. Brink co-founded Consent Solutions in 2005 to further the development of media-based approaches to informed consent for clinical trials. Dr. Brink previously served as the principal investigator on numerous NIH grants exploring technology approaches to patient decisionmaking. She has more than 25 years of experience in research and development in patient and consumer health.
Sherri Bracy is the founder and director of Bracy Consulting, LLC. Ms. Barcy spent the past 28 years working for Alcon Laboratories, where she started as a biostatistician and eventually ended her career as the Associate Director for R&D Quality Product Improvement. For 10 years, she served as the R&D Learning Director responsible for R&D-wide learning systems and programs, global clinical training, and library information science departments. She has extensive experience providing practical solutions for pharmaceutical and device clinical development.
Going "E" With Informed Consent for Clinical Trials
Oct. 18, 2012, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Tuition: $527 per site — includes webinar registration and audio cds and transcripts
4 Easy Ways to Register
By phone: 888-838-5578 or 703-538-7600
Mail to: FDAnews
300 N Washington St
Falls Church VA USA 22046-3431
Please forward this press release to colleagues who may want to read it.Media Contact:
Jeff Grizzel FDAnews, 703-538-7668, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com