LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- New speakers have been added for Rock Stars of Big Data Analytics, set for October 21 in the Silicon Valley. Early-bird, student, and team pricing is now available.
The one-day gathering of well-known data analytics authorities will explore all aspects of analytics, including building a data-driven culture, launching data platforms, and ensuring privacy. The event will include case studies, discussions, lunch, networking, and a cocktail reception.
The speakers include:
- Mike Ames, Director of Analytics, Product Management, and Hadoop Strategy, SAS
- Greg Arnold, Data Infrastructure Engineering Director, LinkedIn
- Grady Booch, Chief Scientist of Software Engineering, IBM
- Mark Davis, Distinguished Engineer, Dell
- Matthew Denesuk, Chief Data Science Officer, GE Software
- Josh Greenbaum, Principal, Enterprise Applications Consulting
- Shivani Govil, Vice President, Business Analytics Solutions, SAP North America
- Nigel King, Chief Information Officer of Portfolio Management, Oracle
- Chris Pouliot, VP Lyft, Netflix Former Director of Analytics
- Mike Rosenbaum, CEO, Catalyst IT Solutions, and
- Guido Schroeder, Senior Vice President of Products, Splunk.
For a limited time, attendees can register for $299 ($229 for IEEE Computer Society members) and save more than 25 percent off full price.
Speakers will discuss the trends, the challenges, the solutions, and how they've used big data analytics to:
- respond to changing business conditions
- predict future outcomes
- make decisions using 100 percent of data in every decision rather than instinctive guesses
- develop a big data platform that handles all types of data and analytics
- create a "culture of analytics," and
- assure privacy and security while leveraging the power of big data.
The Data Analytics event builds on the success of last year's sold-out Rock Stars of Big Data conference at the Computer History Museum in San Jose.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars,professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society