COLUMBUS, Ohio, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Brand Thunder LLC (http://www.brandthunder.com), the browser theme specialists, and the Universal Uclick division of Andrews McMeel Universal have announced an agreement to bring official browser themes to some of the most beloved comic strips in entertainment. Starting this month, themes for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will be made available for sixteen top strips.
Slated for their own custom browser themes are:
- 9 Chickweed Lane., by Brooke McEldowney (http://www.gocomics.com/9chickweedlane)
- Adam@Home by Brian Basset and Rob Harrell (http://www.gocomics.com/adamathome)
- Argyle Sweater, by Scott Hilburn (http://www.gocomics.com/theargylesweater)
- Big Nate, by Lincoln Peirce (http://www.gocomics.com/bignate)
- Brevity, by Guy and Rodd and Dan (http://www.gocomics.com/brevity)
- Cul de Sac, by Richard Thompson (http://www.gocomics.com/culdesac)
- Frazz, by Jef Mallett (http://www.gocomics.com/frazz)
- Get Fuzzy, by Darby Conley. (http://www.gocomics.com/getfuzzy)
- Lio, by Mark Tatulli. (http://www.gocomics.com/lio)
- Luann, by Greg Evans. (http://www.gocomics.com/luann)
- Non Sequitur, by Wiley Miller. (http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur)
- Pibgorn, by Brooke McEldowney (http://www.gocomics.com/pibgorn)
- Pooch Café, by Paul Gilligan (http://www.gocomics.com/poochcafe)
- Red and Rover, by Brian Basset. (http://www.gocomics.com/redandrover)
- Stone Soup, by Jan Eliot. (http://www.gocomics.com/stonesoup)
- Ziggy, by Tom Wilson. (http://www.gocomics.com/ziggy)
Fans of the comic strips will enjoy a colorful browser skin and easy access to the daily strip.
"We want to bring fans to their favorite comic wherever and whenever they want it, whether that's their daily paper, online at GoComics.com or via a mobile device," said Sarah DeCoursey, Director of Licensing of Andrews McMeel Universal. "The browser theme is a great way for comic fans to add some fun to their Internet use throughout the day."
"Comic fans have been some of the most active theme consumers," said Patrick Murphy, founder and CEO of Brand Thunder. "This partnership with Universal Uclick helps address fan demand and does it with some of the defining icons of American popular culture."
About Universal Uclick
Universal Uclick is the largest independent syndicate in the world and a leading digital entertainment provider of humor, comic strips, political cartoons, and other content for print, Web and mobile devices. Universal Uclick provides editorial development, licensing and other distribution services for iconic brands like Doonesbury, Dear Abby, Miss Manners and some of the most significant comics in history, including Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Garfield, Peanuts, Dilbert, For Better or For Worse, Cathy and Ziggy. Recent standout successes include Lio, Cul de Sac, Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, Big Nate and The Argyle Sweater. A full comic catalog can be found at GoComics.com. For more information on Universal Uclick, visit UniversalUclick.com.
About Brand Thunder:
Brand Thunder is the world leader in browser themes and custom interactive browser themes for Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. With more than 200 world-class brands already listed as clients, Brand Thunder's interactive themes provide an extreme makeover of the Internet browser. They are free, lightweight active customizations that can include themes, toolbars, sidebars and other content or functionality. Brand Thunder are available for some of the most recognizable brands in sports, music and the Internet including: Bob Marley, CBSSports.com College Network, CollegeHumor, The Huffington Post, IGN, MLB.com, NASCAR, NBA, NFL, SONY Music, Universal Music, WeatherBug and many more. Create, find or have us build your browser theme at http://brandthunder.com.
SOURCE Brand Thunder