DURHAM, N.C., Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG) just released its work plan for fiscal year (FY) 2014. The work plan is significant in identifying corporate compliance risk areas and giving a direction to the providers' compliance program activities, audits and policy development. It's imperative for the Compliance Officers to thoroughly review the Work Plan when preparing their own organization's annual compliance audit priorities to make sure they include the risk areas identified by the OIG.
The 2014 OIG plan focuses on four key goals:
- Fight Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Promote Quality, Safety, and Value
- Secure the Future
- Advance Excellence and Innovation
The Work Plan is a preview of the OIG's enforcement priorities planned for FY 2014. The Providers should take due advantage of this and effectively plan-up their compliance program activities for the coming months. That said, over the coming days AudioEducator is covering some of the more significant areas that are outlined in the OIG Work Plan 2014 via audio conferences.
2014 OIG Work Plan Update for Physicians
Join Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS on Thursday, Feb 20, 2014 to get an overview of OIG 2014 Work Plan for Physicians. She will provide a list of must-have Physician resources for coding compliance.
Topics covered in the session:
- Understand the Physician Targets in the OIG 2014 Work Plan released in January 2014
- CMS Error Rates remain high & Scrutiny Intensifies
- What can providers do to minimize their Audit Risk and be better prepared for the RACs?
- Compliance, Reduced payments, Ensure correct coding and payment the first time
- Why the increased OIG focus on high level EM Services
- Understand hot coding issues every physician office need to know
2014 OIG Work Plan for Orthopedic Offices
Join Margie Scalley Vaught on Tuesday, March 02, 2014, where she will shed light on 2014 OIG Work Plan focusing on fraud and abuse. It is important for all facilities/offices/providers be aware of those areas of concern for the Federal Government as they will be performing audits on medical records and you will need to be able to support the coding and reimbursement.
Topics covered in the session:
- EM services documentation to support the given level based on concerns from the Federal Government
- Diagnostic testing is a part of many offices/facility and you need to be able to support the reason why you are ordering them (along with examples)
- With all the new issues of physical therapy you will need to know the areas that the OIG has identified as not being in compliance
- Cloning of medical records continues to cause compliance issues – see what the OIG states
- The actual provider of services being billed must be clearly documented and supported as well as licensed and credentialed to perform those services; do you have this information in your compliance manuals?
For more information, http://www.audioeducator.com/orthopedics/oig-work-plan-03-04-14.html
Coding and Billing for Mid-Level Providers
Join Barbara Cobuzzi on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 to comprehend the compliance risks when it comes to utilizing Mid-Level Providers. Incident to billing is a target area in the OIG Work plan. Is your practice ready to withstand an Audit in the area of correct documentation, coding and billing for Mid-Level providers? She will tell you what questions to ask non Medicare payers to determine what the practice needs to do in order to be compliant.
For more information, http://www.audioeducator.com/medical-coding-billing/coding-and-billing-for-mid-level-providers-122112.html
AudioEducator brings the most compelling list of audio conferences on wide array of healthcare topics—medical coding, billing to CPT changes, E/M Modifiers to OIG work plan, Affordable Care Act to ERISA, RAC updates to fee schedule, Electronic Health Record system to ICD 10 transition, HIPAA and more. Get trained from the comfort of your home or office without spending a penny on travel. Pick a format of your choice for training— live conference/On Demand/ CD/ PDF transcripts and start learning.
To learn more about other updates events for more than 24 specialties, please visit AudioEducator.com
We have enabled a special promotional discount of 10%. Use coupon code SAVE10 to get your discount, Applicable on all purchases. For further query you can call our customer support as mention below.
Media Contact: Adam K, Audio Educator, 1-866-458-2965, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Audio Educator